– If you are musically inclined, write a love song for your partner. Call it something like “Natasha’s Song”.
Produce a professional looking manuscript, print it out and get it framed.Record your song onto CD and take a photo of your partner and get a print shop to create a CD cover if you can’t create one on your computer. Place the framed manuscript and the CD in a box and give it to your partner as a special gift.
– Pick your partner up for a date and blindfold her before driving to a special destination. Try to make the destination something really unexpected like a table set up at the top of a cliff or a dinner on a boat or old-fashioned ship. It needs to be something that will have an impact when she removes the blindfold.
– Have a really big pillow fight. Set up for it by buying two pillows that are filled with feathers. Put holes in the pillows so the feathers will start to fly and then attack your partner when you feel the time is right.
– Get out into the great outdoors. After a day of hiking, build an open fire. Sit by the fire with your partner, toast marshmallows and watch as the embers of the fire climb into the night sky.
More Romantics Things
Fill the trunk of your car with helium balloons. Drive to a romantic spot in the country to go for a walk. The ideal spot is somewhere up high with a clear view of the surrounding countryside.
Get out of the car and act as though you are about to set off for your walk. Make sure your partner is closer to the car than you and then throw her the keys and ask if she can get your jacket from the trunk while you tie your shoelace.
When she opens the boot the balloons will be released. You can also place a sign saying, “I Love You” on the inside of the trunk so that it will be revealed when the trunk opens.
– On a special occasion create a unique present for your partner by buying two white t-shirts and some fabric paint. Draw half a heart and the letters LO on one t-shirt and the half a heart and the letters VE on the other t-shirt. When you walk down the street holding each other close, the heart will be made whole and your message of love revealed.
– On a hot summers day, buy two large water pistols and take them to the beach with you. Pull them out and throw one to your partner and then have a huge water fight.
– Share your food with your partner. When you go out for a meal, hold a forkful up to her mouth and say, “You’ve got to try this.” Sharing your food and even feeding each other is a great way to become closer as a couple.
– Compliment your partner in public. If you are talking in a group and it is appropriate to the conversation say something like, “Kate makes the most incredible roast.” Squeeze her hand while you are talking about her.
– Arrange a special day off from work. Start with breakfast, go for a walk in the park, go shopping, have afternoon tea in a cozy cafe and finish off with a romantic dinner.
More Romantic things
– Buy a book that you and your partner are both interested in reading. Read one chapter each night in bed with each of you taking turns to read out loud. This can be a great alternative to television.
– When your partner is having a shower or bath, take her towel and place it in the dryer to make it really warm and then wrap her up in it when she is done.
– Photocopy your hand and fax a copy of it to your partner with a message saying, “Do ya wanna hold hands?”
– Next time you order a pizza, ask to have it cut into a heart shape before it is delivered to your home.
– Buy a box of chocolates and very carefully open one side of the plastic wrap so that you can gently slide the box out. Open the box and place a love note inside. Then slide the box back into its plastic wrap and reseal it.
– Rent a tandem bike and go for a ride with your partner. At the end of your ride have a picnic in the park.
– Speak to your partner’s family and find out what her favorite book was when she was a little girl. Buy a copy of the book and read it to her in bed.
– Write an email story with your partner. Start the ball rolling with an email that says something like:
This is the story of Pete and Kate who met at a friend’s engagement party one summer afternoon. The email can then continue to develop the beginnings of a story which can be completely fictitious or a combination of fiction and reality. Finish your email by saying, “And now for Chapter 2, its over to you…”
– Buy a kite and on a windy day find a park and fly the kite with your partner. If you can afford it, buy a large kite that you control with two hand lines. These kites are great fun
More Romantic things
-Buy a tree with your partner and plant it in a special spot. Each year on your anniversary, have a glass of champagne next to your tree and talk about how your love and the tree have grown.
– If you shower first in the morning. Steam up the bathroom and write a message such as “Pete Loves Kathy” on the mirror for your partner to read when she uses the bathroom. This also works on car windows when it’s cold.
– As a special gift, name a Star after your partner. A number of astronomical agencies allow individuals to name stars and you receive formal documentation identifying the star that you have named.
– Find a comic strip that relates to something that you and your partner have shared together, for example perhaps you both work in the same office and you find a Dilbert cartoon that relates to the politics at your workplace.
Enlarge the cartoon using a photocopier and use white-out to cover the cartoon text. Type up your own text that relates to you and your partner and paste it in the appropriate places and then photocopy the cartoon again so that it looks like your text was the actual text of the cartoon. For an added touch, get your customized cartoon laminated before giving it to your partner.
– When you and your partner are enjoying a restful time away, organize to wake up early one morning and go to a scenic spot to watch the sun rise. This may seem difficult but it is something which is definitely worth doing at least once. Seeing a new day being born is something really special to share with your partner.
– When you have access to a spa, create a romantic atmosphere by placing some candles around the tub and some rose petals floating on the surface of the water. As your partner enjoys the water, serve champagne and chocolate covered strawberries before joining her.
More Romantics Things